Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup


Last night I made a double batch of Chicken Tortilla Soup. We had some for supper tonight and I froze the rest in single serving containers so Jason can take them to work for lunch. It was so yummy I thoguht I would share the recipe with you. Here you go....


*4 or 5 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you could even use 3-4 as I used about 5-6 for a double batch).

*3 cans (14 fluid ounces each) reduced sodium chicken broth

*2 cans (10 fluid ounces each) mild red or green chili enchilada sauce

*1 can (12 fluid ounces) evaporated milk

*1/2 onion chopped

*2 cups matchstick or shredded carrots

*1 cup uncooked long or medium grain rice

*1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

*2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed

Cook over medium heat until rice, simmer and garnish with tortilla chips, sliced green onions and sour cream.


1 comment: